Lemon Drop Cookies






These cookies have pretty much made me famous. OK, so not famous. I mean, it isn't even my recipe. But, they are by far the cookie that have gotten the most reaction from others. People simply love them. In college I discovered Lemon Drop cookies from a place called Cookies By Design, they were my obsession. My roomates served them at my bridal shower. I tried for years and years to find a recipe close but never did. Several years ago my mom bought a cookbook ("5 star recipes from well-known Latter Day Saints") and this recipe was in it. I have to make a plan to give these away before I even make them. I could honestly eat them all day and all night long. 

Lemon Drop Cookies

makes 4 to 5 dozen cookies

Ingredients:
  • 2 c. sugar
  • 1 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 tsp. lemon extract
  • 4 c. flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp soda
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • Finely chopped zest of one lemon
  • 1 (6-oz) package lemon drops (sometimes these are tricky to find, I usually keep two or three bags in my pantry)
  • 2 c. powdered sugar
  • juice of two lemons


Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In mixing bowl, cream sugar, shortening, and eggs; add flavorings. Stir in dry ingredients, lemon zest, and crushed lemon drops (I crush them in my blender). Roll into balls, flatten slightly, and bake on parchment lined (if you don't use parchment, cookies will stick to pan) baking sheet for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool slightly on pan for a couple of minutes. Make a glaze by mixing powdered sugar with lemon juice. Brush glaze over cookie tops. Let cookies cool completely.



Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

These are the best South African Date Balls Recipe and I have been making them f...

#Sweet #Easy #Pecan #Sticky #Buns

Best Buttercream Frosting